Although clinical research has been conducted on narcissism as a disorder, less is known about its effects on victims who are in toxic relationships with partners with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Individuals with this disorder engage in chronic devaluation and manipulation of their partners, a psychological and emotional phenomenon known as "narcissistic abuse." Unfortunately, the full extent of what narcissistic abuse entails is not taught in any psychology class or diagnostic manual. Since pathological narcissists are unlikely to seek treatment for their disorder, it is difficult to pinpoint what exactly makes a narcissistic abuser tick and the manipulative tactics they use, which are likely to differ from those of other types of abusers as they are more covert and underhanded. What is even more baffling is the addiction we form with our narcissistic abusers, created by biochemical bonds and trauma bonds that are also unlike any other relationship we experience. In this book, survivors will learn:
- The red flags of narcissistic behavior and covert manipulation tactics, including subtle signs many survivors don't catch in the early stages of dating a narcissist.
- The motives behind narcissistic abuse and techniques to resist a narcissist's manipulation.
- Why abuse survivors usually stay with a narcissist long after incidents of abuse occur.
- How our own brain chemistry locks us into an addiction with a narcissistic or toxic partner, creating cravings for the constant chaos of the abuse cycle.
- Traditional and alternative methods to begin to detach and heal from the addiction to the narcissist, including eleven important steps all survivors must take on the road to healing.
- Methods to rewrite the narratives that abusers have written for us so we can begin to reconnect with our authentic selves and purpose.
- How to rebuild an even more victorious and empowering life after abuse.
** Disclosure: These links are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase I will earn a tiny commission. Keep in mind that I link to these specific books because I have read them myself and rate them highly for my clients and readers. The decision to buy is completely up to you!